Tuesday 16 April 2013

25 The project continues


The code for the accessible HTML5 video player is now as neat as I can make it and the student trials have been successful. I believe that I have made it as easy as possible to put accessible HTML5 video on a web page without users having to know JavaScript intimately (other than how to link the JavaScript source files).

Over the next month I will write up our project findings, create a short 'how to' guide and submit them along with the video player to the funding body. I hope they agree it is an accessible video player or at least it is what can be achieved within the confines of current browsers.

After so many years developing tools for the Internet I am still surprised at how diversely browsers will display the same content.

No comments:

Post a Comment